Disclaimer

*Results may vary. The information in this site is NOT to be construed as medical advice. Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious condition and if you have it, you should see a doctor. I am not a doctor and am not able to dispense medical advice. My husband saw a doctor (many of them) and they were able to do things for him that I could not. However, they were unable to recommend alternative treatments, and in MY OPINION they were VERY beneficial to my husband, so I am providing some of that information here. My husband and I tried all of these alternative therapies at our own risk, and if you try them you will be doing the same. At your own risk. No promises are made in this blog. I am not saying there is a cure for cirrhosis or any other condition. However, I believe most people can get well, like my husband did. My husband is alive, happy, productive, functional and has his energy back. He no longer worries about having to go on disability or getting a $577,000 liver transplant. Cirrhosis is a serious condition. He is currently in the fibrosis stage (Stage 2 liver disease), which is still serious. I cannot guarantee you will have the same results. I just want you to know about what worked well for my husband. I hope you will share what you learned with others, and share your story with us as well. This blog was made for YOU! Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Can you reduce ascites by increasing oxygen and hemoglobin?

I had to share this. I really do believe part of the reason people get health benefits from the water and PEMF machines we got, is because they help increase oxygen in the body. But I'd never seen anything written about low hemoglobin / low oxygen, actually affects ascites and edema. 

Today I re-read this testimonial by a person who said that these blood-building supplements helped her with swelling. I have it posted on THIS PAGE.  See the part that's highlighted.

 


October 5, 2017
I have severe headaches constantly. And the left side of my body has poor blood circulation. When i'm sitting up, the headaches can be so bad they cause me to be very dizzy and nauseous. I JUST started these a week and a half ago. I was taking iron tablets previously that made me sick and honestly did nothing for me. And i can already feel the difference. It didn't kill the headaches but it really does relieve them to a point where i can hold my head up again. I have also noticed that in less than 2 weeks, the swelling in my foot isn't nearly as bad. So i'm going to keep taking these and hope it only gets better from here. I will update after a month to verify if they are still doing their job. So glad i listened to the positive reviews. If there was anything to not like about them, it's the size and smell, but to me that is ALL vitamins, but after taking them i don't taste them in my mouth constantly and they don't make my breath smell like vitamins :)

After reading what this woman said about the swelling in her foot going down, I decided to look for studies that might show a relationship between low hemoglobin / low oxygen, to edema and ascites. And what I found, is below.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/1591869?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Journal Article

Effect of Oxygen Level on Ascites Incidence and Performance in Broiler Chicks

A. Beker, S. L. Vanhooser and R. G. Teeter
Avian Diseases
Vol. 39, No. 2 (Apr. - Jun., 1995), pp. 285-291
DOI: 10.2307/1591869
https://www.jstor.org/stable/1591869
Page Count: 7

Abstract

An experiment was conducted using male Cobb × Cobb broiler chicks to evaluate the effect of two oxygen levels on the incidence of ascites, performance, and blood chemistry. Ascites occurred in the 13.6% oxygen groups on the fifth day of the experiment. Body weights and survivability were significantly lower (P < 0.05) in chicks maintained at the low oxygen level than in controls (20.6% oxygen). Hematocrits were significantly higher only in chicks with ascites at the 13.6% oxygen level. 

OK so I have to say... this part highlighted in blue, below, is an example of how some of these research papers leave me scratching my head.  While the part in yellow makes it look like the low oxygen levels give a worse outcome, the part in blue make it sound like, for some reason, the hemoglobin was higher in the chicks with ascites who had lower oxygen, than the chickens with 20.6% oxygen.... is this because there's a difference between the chicks (young chickens) and regular, fully grown chickens? Am I reading this wrong?

 Hemoglobin was significantly higher (P < 0.05) in chicks with ascites at 13.6% oxygen than in chickens at 20.6% oxygen. Lactate dehydrogenase values were significantly higher in non-ascitic chicks maintained at 13.6% oxygen and in chicks with ascites at 20.6% oxygen than in non-ascitic chicks 20.6% oxygen.

Because the part highlighted in yellow, seems to conflict with what's highlighted in blue. Here it is again (the part in yellow):

Body weights and survivability were significantly lower (P < 0.05) in chicks maintained at the low oxygen level than in controls (20.6% oxygen). 


I haven't read the entire study, but it strongly appears that increasing hemoglobin and oxygen levels could have a positive impact on ascites (meaning, it would DECREASE).  I suggest you do your own research and draw your own conclusions.


Heres another study, that was done on chicks, showing how their oxygen levels affected ascites.

 https://pubag.nal.usda.gov/catalog/1352287


Effect of a urease inhibitor and ceiling fans on ascites in broilers. 2. Blood variables, ascites scores, and body and organ weights

Author:
Balog, J.M.Anthony, N.B.Wall, C.W.Walker, R.D.Rath, R.C.Huff, W.E.
Source:
Poultry science 1994 v.73 no.6 pp. 810-816
ISSN:
0032-5791
Subject:
broiler chickensventilation systemsascitesfansurease inhibitorsliverheartsmall intestineweightbody weightblood chemistryuric acidYuccahematocriterythrocyte count
Abstract:
Restricted ventilation was used to experimentally induce ascites in commercial male broilers. The role of a dietary urease inhibitor (0, 125, and 250 ppm) and ceiling fans to reduce ascites was investigated. At 6 wk of age, birds were bled, euthanatized, weighed, scored for ascites, and heart, liver, and small intestine weights were obtained. Random samples were analyzed for intestinal ammonia. Blood samples were analyzed for blood gases, hemoglobin, red blood cell count, blood urea nitro, and uric acid. Birds fed 125 and 250 ppm urease inhibitor were significantly (P < .001) lighter at 6 wk, when compared with controls. Urease inhibitor (125 and 250 ppm) significantly decreased large intestine ammonia. Urease inhibitor significantly increased small intestine (250 ppm) and liver weights (125 and 250 ppm), whereas urease inhibitor at 125 ppm decreased right ventricular heart weight. Urease inhibitor had no effect on ascites scores, blood gases, or blood ammonia, but hemoglobin, blood urea nitrogen, red blood cell count, and uric acid were significantly (P < .05) decreased by 125 ppm urease inhibitor.
Agid:
1352287





You know, it's interesting how many studies are done, to improve the health of the LIVESTOCK we eat, because there is so much money involved in it, and yet, there can be MORE money to be made off humans NOT being as healthy as the livestock.

If you've never watched Dr. Joel Wallach speak, I highly recommend you watch his videos, and check out the book Dead Doctors Don't Lie. He started out studying health, by studying animals. His family raised livestock and he started to notice that more care was put the health of the livestock, than humans! You can see more about Dr. Wallach on THIS PAGE, and in the video below. 



I have to say I have never tried this, but have been wanting to try it and also get some for my husband. Dr. Joel wallach founded Youngevity, and I do believe their vitamins and supplements could be just as good as Visalus - maybe even better, for all I know. We just haven't tried them yet. But if you care to check them out, this is one of the products I have seen sold by Dr. Michael Glidden, whom I also respect a lot -especially since he shares my same opinion about Proton Pump Inhibitors.


Beyond Tangy Tangerine 2.0(1 lb)

I also believe enzymes are really important for digestion, because they help break down protein, which is essential to make albumin, which you need enough of, to keep ascites from coming back.

Youngevity ULTIMATE ENZYMES - 120 CAPSULES

Had to share!

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment