Disclaimer

*Results may vary. The information in this site is NOT to be construed as medical advice. Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious condition and if you have it, you should see a doctor. I am not a doctor and am not able to dispense medical advice. My husband saw a doctor (many of them) and they were able to do things for him that I could not. However, they were unable to recommend alternative treatments, and in MY OPINION they were VERY beneficial to my husband, so I am providing some of that information here. My husband and I tried all of these alternative therapies at our own risk, and if you try them you will be doing the same. At your own risk. No promises are made in this blog. I am not saying there is a cure for cirrhosis or any other condition. However, I believe most people can get well, like my husband did. My husband is alive, happy, productive, functional and has his energy back. He no longer worries about having to go on disability or getting a $577,000 liver transplant. Cirrhosis is a serious condition. He is currently in the fibrosis stage (Stage 2 liver disease), which is still serious. I cannot guarantee you will have the same results. I just want you to know about what worked well for my husband. I hope you will share what you learned with others, and share your story with us as well. This blog was made for YOU! Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Results From My Husband's Fibroscan - See Video Footage / Proof of His Scores!

We had this FibroScan done in January, but it took me a long time to finish this video, largely beacause I was using a computer that is about 7 years old, and video editing software that uses so much memory on my computer, my whole computer kept freezing up on me.  I literally had to buy a new computer to get this finished!

Anyway, this is real footage from the Fibroscan. I did not inform the Elastographer that I was making this video, because I didn't want her to say no, you can't film this. As far as I was concerned, I had every right to film these results since they were my husband's results and I wanted to have some kind of concrete proof that all this stuff we've been doing actually worked!

I got tears in my eyes as I saw the numbers on the screen. I knew that the marker for Cirrhosis was 12.5, so I was very happy to see the numbers flashing on the screen were often below that. Sometimes, they went higher, but the ones the Elastographer actually registered came out to a median score of 9.37.  I had to calculate this myself, by the way.  My husband's doctor did not give the numbers to us, and in fact, he seemed pretty incredulous that we were able to get the results we did. It was as if he didn't want to acknowledge it. I actually do like this doctor so I'm not trying to say anything bad about him, but his reaction was a little bit of a disappointment.

I called someone who was a representative for Fibroscan and asked him how to get the overall score (since Jake's doctor didn't give it to him), and he confirmed what I figured... you just take the scores you are given, and come up with the average of all the numbers. My husband's score of 9.37 means he is technically in the "fibrosis" stage (not CIRRHosis). Needless to say, we were very happy about this. I am hopeful that his numbers will continue to improve. We plan to get another FibroScan in January 2017, and hopefully it will show even more improvement in his liver fibrosis. Will let you know the results.

If you haven't already seen my post about how to read a Fibroscan, you can see it HERE.











No comments:

Post a Comment