Disclaimer

*Results may vary. The information in this site is NOT to be construed as medical advice. Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious condition and if you have it, you should see a doctor. I am not a doctor and am not able to dispense medical advice. My husband saw a doctor (many of them) and they were able to do things for him that I could not. However, they were unable to recommend alternative treatments, and in MY OPINION they were VERY beneficial to my husband, so I am providing some of that information here. My husband and I tried all of these alternative therapies at our own risk, and if you try them you will be doing the same. At your own risk. No promises are made in this blog. I am not saying there is a cure for cirrhosis or any other condition. However, I believe most people can get well, like my husband did. My husband is alive, happy, productive, functional and has his energy back. He no longer worries about having to go on disability or getting a $577,000 liver transplant. Cirrhosis is a serious condition. He is currently in the fibrosis stage (Stage 2 liver disease), which is still serious. I cannot guarantee you will have the same results. I just want you to know about what worked well for my husband. I hope you will share what you learned with others, and share your story with us as well. This blog was made for YOU! Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

VERY Inspiring Videos and Books about Beating Addiction

Update 8/22/16: I am a huge fan of Brit from Montreal Healthy Girl, and was happy to see she has a video about beating alcohol addiction. Had to share this video.



I was really inspired to find this group called "Phoenix Multisport." You can read an article about them HERE, and watch a few of their videos below. You can see their YouTube Channel, with a ton of other videos, by clicking HERE. Even if you don't live close to one of these locations, I encourage you to either start a group of your own, or get involved in some kind of a sports group, with people who don't need to drink to feel good. Exercise really is THE BEST HIGH THERE IS. The endorphins and adrenaline will beat alcohol or any other kind of drug that's out there!













I happened to find this video today and thought it was very inspiring. This man was able to overcome alcohol and drug addiction, and really overcame the odds. He became a millionaire and is very well spoken. I am posting it here in the hopes that it might help people who struggle with alcohol addiction.



You can find his book here: Addict at Ten: How I Overcame Addiction, Poverty, and Homelessness to Become a Millionaire by 35



This video below gave me tears and goosebumps. I hope this company continues to grow all over America!



Love this talk by Jo Harvey!


Here are a few more... Thanks again to YouTube for giving us access to so many inspiring videos!











Had to share this video from Dr. Glidden, since he has a lot of really good videos.



I want to congratulate and commend every person who is sober, or is about to become sober. When you get healthy, you will have the power to inspire and help other people. That's what we're here for!

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment