Disclaimer

*Results may vary. The information in this site is NOT to be construed as medical advice. Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious condition and if you have it, you should see a doctor. I am not a doctor and am not able to dispense medical advice. My husband saw a doctor (many of them) and they were able to do things for him that I could not. However, they were unable to recommend alternative treatments, and in MY OPINION they were VERY beneficial to my husband, so I am providing some of that information here. My husband and I tried all of these alternative therapies at our own risk, and if you try them you will be doing the same. At your own risk. No promises are made in this blog. I am not saying there is a cure for cirrhosis or any other condition. However, I believe most people can get well, like my husband did. My husband is alive, happy, productive, functional and has his energy back. He no longer worries about having to go on disability or getting a $577,000 liver transplant. Cirrhosis is a serious condition. He is currently in the fibrosis stage (Stage 2 liver disease), which is still serious. I cannot guarantee you will have the same results. I just want you to know about what worked well for my husband. I hope you will share what you learned with others, and share your story with us as well. This blog was made for YOU! Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Celebrities Who Don't Drink


Thought this list was worth sharing!

To see some videos by (non famous) stories by people who really enjoy their lives without alcohol, click HERE.





Elizabeth Vargas wrote a book about her experience with alcohol addiction. If you don't have a lot of time to read, and prefer to listen to the audio version of the book, just click on this link and choose the "audible" version:

Between Breaths: A Memoir of Panic and Addiction















Article about Andrew McCarthy being sober: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=124299



Article about Robert Downey Jr. being sober:
http://www.today.com/id/24389707/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/robert-downey-clean-sober-talented/#.U5E4h_ldWSo




Article about Demi Lovato being sober:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/demi-lovato-got-sober-because-younger-sister-madison-20131212







And this is a list I found, on THIS PAGE. I am copying and pasting it below (I would make my own list with my own pictures but don't have time right now... it's on the to-do list!)

27 Celebrities Who Don't Drink

Celebrities aren't all about champagne brunches and CĂ®roc-infused nights. Jennifer Hudson surprised Chelsea Handler last week when she admitted she had never had a drink in her life -- despite playing a heroin addict in the new movie "The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete."
But Hudson isn't the only star to declare herself sober, of course. Check out these 19 celebrities who have said they don't imbibe, from Kim Kardashian to Blake Lively.
  • 1
    Bradley Cooper
    Getty Images
    Cooper became sober at 29, telling GQ's Jan. 2014 issue of his substance abuse, "If I continued it, I was really going to sabotage my whole life." "I don't drink or do drugs anymore," he told People recently. "Being sober helps a great deal … I remember looking at my life, my apartment, my dogs [when I was still using], and I thought, 'What's happening?'"
  • 2
    Jennifer Hudson
    Getty Images
    "I've never done anything, so that was hard to play this role [of a heroin addict]. I've never had a drink in my life. I'm sober. I'm like, 'Okay, this is new to me.' Normally as as actor, you have things to pull from. I was like, 'I don't know what it's like to feel any of that," Hudson said on "Chelsea Lately" in October 2013.
  • 3
    Joe Manganiello
    Getty Images
    The actor revealed on HuffPost Live that he struggled with an alcohol problem in his 20s. "There was a period of about four years where I needed to quit drinking. And the drinking got in the way [of my career]," he told host Alyona Minkovski. "It was one of those obstacles that I had to get over and once again I needed to clear the road in order for these things to happen, so it really is an inside job. I had to clean up my act and figure that whole situation out."
  • 4
    Blake Lively
    AP
    “I don’t drink. I’ve never tried a drug," she told Allure. "It's just something that I genuinely don't have a desire for."
  • 5
    Russell Brand
    Getty
    The comedian, who is outspoken about his recovery from drugs and alcohol, celebrated his tenth anniversary of being sober in December 2012 with this message: "10 years clean today. Thanks for all your messages of love. Anyone can get clean, one day at a time."
  • 6
    Edie Falco
    Getty
    Despite playing a drug addict on television as "Nurse Jackie," Falco has been sober for 21 years. She described her recovery to the New York Post as "It’s like learning to ride a bike, you know? You have to get your bearings and you have to stay stable. And balanced.”
  • 7
    Christina Ricci
    Getty Images
    “You know, I went through a normal kind of late teens, early 20s drinking, but it was a choice I made, because I didn’t think it was very good for my life," she told BlackBook.
  • 8
    Matthew Perry
    Getty
    The former "Friends" star hasn't drank since entering rehab in the late '90s for an addiction to Vicodin. He told ABC News in May 2013, "The thing that I'm most proud of in my life is that if a stranger came up to me and said, 'I can't stop drinking. I can't stop drinking. Can you help me?' I can say, 'Yes, I can help you.'"
  • 9
    Kristin Davis
    AP
    Davis went sober at age 22 when she found her drinking was interfering with her acting aspirations. “Sure, sometimes I miss it,” she told The Week. “Every once in a while, I’ll be with friends and they’ll be drinking red wine and I’ll think, in a really innocent way, Oh wow, that’s such a wonderful glass of red wine. Wouldn’t it be fun to drink it? Maybe it would be fine, but it’s really not worth the risk.”
  • 10
    Eminem
    AP
    After battling addiction to drugs and alcohol, Eminem got sober several years ago. "You gotta remember I hadn't recorded a song sober in seven years. So it took me awhile to even feel like I could record a song sober ... I don't know the last time I shot a video sober, without drinking or taking anything. It's been years," he told Vibe.
  • 11
    Jennifer Lopez
    Getty Images
    "I think that ruins your skin. Of course, during celebratory toasts, everybody's like, 'You can't toast with water!' So I'll toast with alcohol and just take a sip," she told InStyle.
  • 12
    Ewan McGregor
    Getty Images
    "I got away with it more or less unnoticed. I was a maniac on the booze but I only remember it fondly," he told the Daily Mail.
  • 13
    Kim Cattrall
    Getty Images
    Davis isn't the only sober "SATC" lady. “I'm not a big drinker and when I do, I get a headache. I don't drink or take drugs so clothes are my only mood enhancer," she said (via Yahoo!).
  • 14
    Colin Farrell
    AP
    "Seven years sober. I'm really grateful. It’s really lovely to be present in my life," hetold Ellen DeGeneres earlier this year. "I was terrified [of being sober] because, I'm not saying I was a great actor before or a great actor since, but I was terrified that whatever my capacity was as an actor beforehand, however little or large — it would completely dispappear."
  • 15
    Kelly Osbourne
    Getty Images
    "I had been to rehab several times and reached a point where I was taking more of what I was doing in hopes that I wouldn't wake up. And when I got to that point, the next morning I woke up and I was like, 'I just prayed for death. What the hell is wrong with me?'" she told Anderson Cooper, on how she hit rock bottom and finally got sober.
  • 16
    Keith Urban
    Getty Images
    Urban has been sober for six years. "The truth is that I wasn’t even aware of where it was at in my life and how it was just going to come down and take me down like it did,” he told Ellen DeGeneres in 2010. “I was probably in such a state of denial that I consciously wasn’t aware of it.”
  • 17
    Jada Pinkett Smith
    Getty Images
    "I found myself drinking two bottles of wine on the couch and I said, 'Jada, I think we've got a problem here,'" she said (via Contact Music). "I had problems with alcohol and I really had to get in contact with the pain, whatever that is, and then I had to get some other tools in how to deal with the pain. From that day on I went cold turkey; I haven't had a drink in eight years."
  • 18
    Gerard Butler
    Getty Images
  • 19
    Tyra Banks
    Getty Images

“I feel like I’ve been very lucky because I don’t really have an addictive personality. I’ve never had any drugs, and I had a little taste of alcohol when I was 12 years old, but that’s about it.”
  • 20
    Tobey Maguire
    Getty Images
    "I don't think it's a secret that I've been sober since I was 19. It's in half of the articles done about me," he told People.
  • 21
    Rob Lowe
    Getty Images
    Rob Lowe has been sober for just around 23 years, telling Piers Morgan in 2011 that he enjoyed rehab. "It was great. I loved it. Because I was ready. Problem is, people go into rehab and they're not ready," Lowe explained. "You want to get sober for your parents, you want to get sober for your job, you want to get sober for the cops, you want to get sober to protect your image. A lot of good reasons, by the way, but unfortunately, the only thing that works is that you have to want to get sober for you. So, I was ready."
  • 22
    Eva Mendes
    Getty Images
    Mendes, who went to rehab in 2008, spoke about substance abuse with Interview magazine, explaining, "I'm proud of people who have the determination and the fearlessness to actually go and face their demons and get better. This is a life or death situation."
  • 23
    Kat Von D
    Getty Images
    The tattoo artist celebrated six years of sobriety this summer, tweeting, "Today, marks my 6th year of sobriety! Yay for not being a drunken a**hole!! :)"
  • 24
    Robert Downey Jr.
    Getty Images
    Downey Jr. has been clean and sober about 10 years. "I think of myself as someone who has no desire, use for or conscious memory of that life," he told Playboy. "And yet I don't shut the door on it, and I don't pretend it didn't happen."
  • 25
    Jack Osbourne
    Getty Images
    Osbourne endured a struggle with substance abuse in his youth, but managed to overcome his demons in 2003 after admitting himself into a rehab center. He has been sober for 10 years.
  • 26
    Tim McGraw
    Getty Images
    McGraw gave up drinking for his daughters. "I think it's a personal choice -- when it gets to the point where you think it's affecting you adversely and it's affecting your relationships," the country star told Ellen DeGeneres earlier this year. "It's time to make a change, and I thought it was."


10/19/14  I just heard that Donald Trump doesn't drink!

You can see Donald Trump and 10 other "Teetotaling Moguls" on this page.

Trump told Steve Forbes: “It’s very easy for me not to drink, and I don’t understand people that drink, because if you don’t start–I assume it’s a major addiction–but if you don’t start, it’s real easy. So I tell my kids, ‘Don’t start.’”

Warren Buffet

Buffett said in a lecture at Notre Dame: “It’s the weakest link that causes the problem. It may be alcohol, it may be gambling, it may be a lot of things. It may be nothing, which is terrific. But it is a real weakest link problem.”




Steve Jobs




Jobs was a part of President Obama’s Technology Summit dinner. In the much-circulated photograph of the group’s dinnertime toast, Jobs is holding a glass of water.











Stephenie Meyer

Author of wildly popular Twilight book series
 Meyer is a devout Mormon; the religion prohibits its practitioners from drinking alcohol or caffeine.


Jeff Kravitz/Getty Images



Larry Ellison

Cofounder and CEO of Oracle; No. 5 on Forbes’ list of The World’s Billionaires
Ellison told biographer Matthew Symonds: “I can’t stand anything that clouds my mind. … I have no problem with people drinking; I have no problem with people smoking dope. If that’s what they want to do, God bless them, that’s their business. But I can’t do those things.”


ZUMA Press/Newscom



And lastly... Jim Carrey.


I didn't know he was someone I could add to this list until I read this blog post.  The video in the blog post is disabled for some reason so I'm re posting Jim Carrey's commencement speech below.

I love how he says, "The effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is."




Now go have a positive effect on someone! : )


CLICK HERE TO FIND AN ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS CHAPTER IN YOUR AREA

CLICK ON THESE LINKS FOR MY OTHER POSTS 
to learn about:

Please note: I am not a doctor and I am only able to tell you what I have learned by doing my own research on the internet, and share with you the things that have worked for my husband. Please remember that Liver Cirrhosis is a very serious disease so I am not saying, do not see a doctor. Doctors have helped my 
husband a lot. But I believe it is wise to do as much research as you can, and find out why 
they are giving you every one of the medications and treatments they are giving you. 
I believe they do not always know about or understand every treatment option that is available, 
and there are many good options out there that can help.
Your health is ultimately your own responsibility, above anyone else's.

Best of luck to you!!!
If you have something to share, please feel free to leave a comment on this blog.




Keywords: healing liver cirrhosis, how to heal liver cirrhosis, cirrhosis cure, AA, alcoholics anonymous, how to beat cirrhosis, how to stop drinking, how i healed liver cirrhosis, heal yourself from liver cirrhosis, how to heal fibrosis, how to reverse cirrhosis, how to reverse fibrosis, cirrhosis cure, cure liver cirrhosis, the cirrhosis bible, book on cirrhosis, best foods to eat for cirrhosis, how to cure cirrhosis of the liver, how to heal cirrhosis of the liver, how to reverse cirrhosis of the liver, how to heal your liver, how to heal my liver, the ezra protocol, end stage cirrhosis, meld score, end stage liver disease, acid reflux, antacids, dangers of proton pump inhibitors, paracentesis, parascentesis, dangers of proton pump inhibitors pantoprazole omeprazole protonix vimovo Protonix Nexium prevacid prilosec Dexilant Aciphex PPi's acid reflux GERD, heartburn, FDA warning 

No comments:

Post a Comment