Disclaimer

*Results may vary. The information in this site is NOT to be construed as medical advice. Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious condition and if you have it, you should see a doctor. I am not a doctor and am not able to dispense medical advice. My husband saw a doctor (many of them) and they were able to do things for him that I could not. However, they were unable to recommend alternative treatments, and in MY OPINION they were VERY beneficial to my husband, so I am providing some of that information here. My husband and I tried all of these alternative therapies at our own risk, and if you try them you will be doing the same. At your own risk. No promises are made in this blog. I am not saying there is a cure for cirrhosis or any other condition. However, I believe most people can get well, like my husband did. My husband is alive, happy, productive, functional and has his energy back. He no longer worries about having to go on disability or getting a $577,000 liver transplant. Cirrhosis is a serious condition. He is currently in the fibrosis stage (Stage 2 liver disease), which is still serious. I cannot guarantee you will have the same results. I just want you to know about what worked well for my husband. I hope you will share what you learned with others, and share your story with us as well. This blog was made for YOU! Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Video I had to Share: "How to Stop a Heart Attack On The Spot"

I know that people with cirrhosis are at a much greater risk for a heart attack, because the bloodstream is so full of toxins and the health of the veins is not good. So, I want to share this with anyone whom it may help! I love MontrealHealthyGirl's videos!



This is magnesium glycinate (what she mentions in the video).  I have never tried it, but would probably do this if I or my husband were having some kind of heart distress.



Magnesium Glycinate 300mg 140 Vegan capsules Maximum Bioavailability Chelate Not Buffered No laxative effect Albion TRAACS Vegan Helps Function of muscles, bones, heart Non-GMO



And this one seemed to have the best reviews (I searched for the word "heart attack"). Am pasting those reviews further down. I remember buying this brand before, for my hubby (got him the lemon flavored one from whole foods) and liked that you can just scoop it out of the container with a spoon.

Natural Vitality Natural Calm Diet Supplement, Raspberry Lemon, 16 Ounce





on July 22, 2016
High quality product. I drink it every day before I go to sleep or when I feel under much stress. It helps me to relax a lot. It's a good way to prevent heart attacks and stay relax. Thanks guys
Comment|Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse
on September 13, 2013
This product was suggested to me by a co-worker that had a Heart attack. I was having difficulty sleeping so I gave it a shot. I REALLY LIKE IT. I am not as sore after my work outs and it helps me unwind with out being groggy or drugged up feeling. It is also interesting that both my co-worker and I, while on this product noticed that our cholesterol numbers dropped in half. I am not making any medical claims on behalf or for this product. It may just be a cowinkidence. you be the judge search out and see what magnesium does for cholesterol. If you are a male do not get the calcium (see what they say about men and heart attacks and large amounts of calcium). There is one side effect and or drawback. Magnesium will make you poo. It is used to clean you out before a colonoscopy so too much of a good thing can be bad. If dosed correctly this product is amazeing. Check to see how fast this sells on amazon and I think you will see how much people like it.
Comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse
on March 2, 2015
Words cannot express how well this product has worked for me! I ordered my first container in November because I was having extreme panic attacks with heartpalpitations, headaches, stiff joints and muscles. Within a week ALL of my issues were relieved!
I ran out by mid January and went without until last week. Slowly all of my issues returned, headaches were debilitating. I have been using CALM daily again for 5 days and my symptoms are almost gone again! I will NEVER be without CALM again!!
1 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse
on October 25, 2014
I have had thyroid problems for a while. I have struggled with food sensitivities, blood pressure, joint pain, anxiety, heart palps, etc. I have taken the med for the thyroid, removed gluten, soy and caffeine. I have done all I knew to do. I joined a Facebook page for a NaturoPath doc and kept seeing magnesium pop up. I was super low on VIt D, at a level of 19. My sodium was low and it caused fatigue, dizziness, joint pain, chest pain, heart palps, headaches, etc. I am ONLY 34 years old and I hate being sick and going to doctors. I don't want to be down unless I CHOOSE TO be lazy. I had been to the doctor because I was afraid I was going to have a heart attack, or because my blood pressure was crazy (never had the problem until a month ago). I was defeated, scared and just plain old afraid. I came home from work the day this arrived on my doorstep. I read about magnesium for a while before I dug into this, and read and researched them all before I ordered this one. I ordered two bottles to get free shipping. I prayed and cried and just wanted to feel better. The very day this arrived on my doorstep I felt so bad, and I knew I was going to miss 2 of my 3 kids school function. When I walked into the door I said "I am going to try this now." I got my hot water in a coffee mug, dumped 1/2 tspn into it and drank it. 5 minutes later my hot flash, flushed face, chest pain and heart palps were GONE!!! 15 minutes later I felt good!!! I seriously felt good. I attended the kids school function and not only did I just go to sit in the car until it was over and pick them up to take them home...I went into it!! I participated!!! The crowd wasn't scary. I was alert, calm and so thankful for feeling good for the first time in 2 or 3 weeks. I will not be without this ever!! I will mention that 1.5 teaspoons is right for me and taking it in the morning and around lunch is perfect. Any more than this I do run to the restroom. So do not dive in at 2 teaspoons. I will make you go...
2 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse
on March 5, 2014
Constantly on edge, heart always racing, waking up each day immediately filled with dread and a surge of adrenaline and panic was how I lived my life every day. Therapy helped but I was still just so panicky. I became agoraphobic and miserable, battling massive panic attacks every time I went out. With three kids, all in activities, it was making my life hell. I decided to try this and after two and a half weeks I can honestly say it's made a huge difference. I watched my son's double header soccer game without a panic attack, I wake up each morning like a 'normal' person without feeling the burn of anxiety in the pit of my stomach and chest, and I yell less. It's been a wonderful and very welcome change. I recommended it to multiple friends and family members!
The raspberry lemon flavor tastes just fine and goes down easily. I just have to drink it within a couple minutes because it starts to taste funny if it sits!
4 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse
on October 30, 2016
Praise the heavens!!! This thing is a lifesaver. I was going nuts from a sudden onset of "skipped" heart beats (PVCs) after a viral infection. Waiting for the cardiologist (which I still am) takes weeks, so I researched the possible culprit of these beats. I found that viral illnesses can make you lose electrolytes essential for muscle function. The three main ones are magnesium, potassium, and sodium, I believe. It makes sense because the beats subsided for a few days after I got magnesium IV at the hospital. Anyway, I decided to give it a try when the palps returned and let me tell ya...it works! Within 10 minutes they subsided tremendously!!!!

UPDATE: *sigh* I regret to inform that I will no longer be taking this supplement. There are some pros and some cons, but the cons definitely outweigh the pros. After a few days on this supplement I started having some odd symptoms. For one, I found that I was having a metallic taste in my mouth every time I ate chicken...for several days. I knew it was the supplement because I hadn't changed anything in my diet except the supplement. My taste has returned to normal for the most part (2 days post discontinuation).

VERY IMPORTANT: Although this did help me fall asleep faster and feel well rested, I also started having weird breathing difficulties right after taking it. Almost like my muscles were TOO relaxed, maybe even weak or slow. I freaked the hell out, which made my initial anxiety/panic attacks WORSE! I hadn't been on the verge of panicking in MONTHS until I started this supplement. Even the ER doctor mentioned this was probably a crappy magnesium when I showed him the bottle. So there you have it. Unfortunately, I need Mg supplementation so I will be doing more independent research to find the best kind for my problem (irregular heart beats)

In summary--

Pros:
Helped with skipped heart beats (PVCs)
Better Sleep
Well rested
Less agitated (usually a day after taking it)
No loose stools (at least for me)

Cons:
Breathing difficulties (almost immediately--so not worth it in my opinion)
Panic
Mild weakness
Lingering metallic taste
Cannot take this during the day (I need to nap after taking it)
Comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse
on July 21, 2014
I take Natual Calm regularly since being diagnosed with Angina in March 2012. The hospital cardiologist prescribed RANEXA® (ranolazine), but I didn't want to take prescription medication nor could I afford it ($50.00 monthly) so I found this great and life saving product about 2 weeks after my overnight stay in the hospital for my Angina (and having a Heart Catheter... my heart was in good shape... no blockages) and have taken it ever since. I read somewhere on a nutrition website that "People don't don't die of heart attacks, they die of magnesium deficiencies."
Comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse
on April 12, 2014
I began using this product at a Dr. friend's recommendation for esophageal spasm. It worked, and continues to work great for that purpose. I have also had a "woman's" heart attack, caused by stress rather than a blockage, and my cardiologist HIGHLY recommended this product. Before nitroglycerine came on the market (to treat angina) magnesium was the RX of choice, with virtually no side effects (except loose bowels if you take too much) , while nitroglycerine has MANY side effects, one of them being, ahem, death. Many of my female friends now use Calm regularly and all report great benefits from it.
Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse
on August 27, 2013
I've ready many good reviews about magnesium for muscle health, but many forget the most important muscle-the heart! Most Americans are magnesium deficient. know what the first thing you get in the ER with a heart attack? Magnesium! I have noticed an improvement in symptoms since taking magnesium (i have a rapid, irregular heart rate and lots of palpitations-or i used to!) Magnesium citrate is more absorbable than the commonly found magnesium oxide. The taste is a bit tangy and citric like, but it tastes pretty good mixed in a bit of juice. Careful on the dosing to avoid laxative effect, though.a
Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?   Report abuse











No comments:

Post a Comment