Disclaimer

*Results may vary. The information in this site is NOT to be construed as medical advice. Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious condition and if you have it, you should see a doctor. I am not a doctor and am not able to dispense medical advice. My husband saw a doctor (many of them) and they were able to do things for him that I could not. However, they were unable to recommend alternative treatments, and in MY OPINION they were VERY beneficial to my husband, so I am providing some of that information here. My husband and I tried all of these alternative therapies at our own risk, and if you try them you will be doing the same. At your own risk. No promises are made in this blog. I am not saying there is a cure for cirrhosis or any other condition. However, I believe most people can get well, like my husband did. My husband is alive, happy, productive, functional and has his energy back. He no longer worries about having to go on disability or getting a $577,000 liver transplant. Cirrhosis is a serious condition. He is currently in the fibrosis stage (Stage 2 liver disease), which is still serious. I cannot guarantee you will have the same results. I just want you to know about what worked well for my husband. I hope you will share what you learned with others, and share your story with us as well. This blog was made for YOU! Thanks for visiting!

Friday, March 2, 2018

A Typical Timeline of Cirrhosis and Death

After spending the last 3 years talking to people with cirrhosis, I have seen enough patterns, that made me feel inclined to make this chart. Please note, this is just a rough estimate and doesn't represent every person with cirrhosis. Some people have more or less symptoms, and more or less time. But I can tell you that this seems to be a very common scenario, among many of the people who've shared their stories with me.

Make no mistake: Cirrhosis kills, and it kills often, so if you're planning to turn things around, please don't waste any time, because I've seen way too many people do that, and a person can go downhill (irreversibly) very quickly. Cirrhosis can quickly turn into a slippery downhill slope. I'm not saying this to be a downer, I'm saying it because it's TRUE, and I don't want this to catch you off guard.  You need to be prepared for what could be around the corner, and doctors don't really explain a lot of details about what's going on, or what's to come, so I wanted to create an info-graphic that might help you get a visual sense of what many people go through.

What really sucks is when I hear stories about people who've spent WAY too much time getting lost on all the garbage and negativity on the internet, during this really critical time period when you don't have a lot of time to waste. What you do in these 6 months (if you have that much time left) can be the difference between life and death. Many people call me when they just have one month or one week left. Some people have wasted money on non-health-related things like remodeling a bathroom, or alternative treatments and machines that have NO testimonials or guarantees. I'll always wonder if their lives could have been saved if they'd just done things differently!

One thing you need to keep in mind is, that if you're going to get better, you're going to need to detoxify. And if you go through the detoxification process, things are likely to get worse, before they get better. And if you don't have any "wiggle room" to allow things to get slightly worse, before they get better, you won't be able to turn things around in time, and you could die. You do have the option of taking the VERY SLOW route, to getting better (so you will have a very slow detox), but if you're in a race against time, because there are so many pharmaceutical drugs and toxins (like ammonia and bilirubin) in your body that are literally killing you, you may not have that luxury of time. 

A comment about the chart below... yes, I realize, not every month just has 4 weeks in it. I just divided it up like that so you can see the rapid downhill progression many people experience in later stages. I indicated on the chart that many people contact me in the last two weeks, and the chance of survival goes down at that point, but I still want you to call me, because I believe there is hope for everyone! It's just a lot better if you act EARLY. 

You can view this chart in a larger size, by CLICKING HERE. When it opens, click on the "+" sign that you'll see when you move your cursor.




The people who do not make it are the ones who don't take this seriously. You need to do everything right and you don't have a lot of room for error. There are many people who just will not properly take care of their diet, no matter what their loved ones tell them to do, and they don't make it. 


A person who doesn't take their health seriously is like someone who's dancing on the edge of a cliff, and one slip (which isn't hard to make) can make you fall to your death. You want to do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to get away from the edge of that cliff. You want to EVERYTHING YOU CAN to steer away from that iceberg. You want to do EVERYTHING YOU CAN to get away from the tsunami. This is no joke, people. You really can die from this. I've seen dozens of people die from cirrhosis. Every single thing you put in your mouth should be healthy. Do not eat fried foods. Do not drink soda or alcohol. You need to make your health an EXTREME PRIORITY!

I hope this helps. I started this blog as a way to give myself, and others, HOPE. But I need you guys to understand how quickly things can go from bad to irreversible.  If you're planning to kick cirrhosis in the butt, you need to use a lot of critical thinking, and use whatever funds you have, wisely. Don't waste time on things that don't matter, and give it all you've got!

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment