Disclaimer

*Results may vary. The information in this site is NOT to be construed as medical advice. Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious condition and if you have it, you should see a doctor. I am not a doctor and am not able to dispense medical advice. My husband saw a doctor (many of them) and they were able to do things for him that I could not. However, they were unable to recommend alternative treatments, and in MY OPINION they were VERY beneficial to my husband, so I am providing some of that information here. My husband and I tried all of these alternative therapies at our own risk, and if you try them you will be doing the same. At your own risk. No promises are made in this blog. I am not saying there is a cure for cirrhosis or any other condition. However, I believe most people can get well, like my husband did. My husband is alive, happy, productive, functional and has his energy back. He no longer worries about having to go on disability or getting a $577,000 liver transplant. Cirrhosis is a serious condition. He is currently in the fibrosis stage (Stage 2 liver disease), which is still serious. I cannot guarantee you will have the same results. I just want you to know about what worked well for my husband. I hope you will share what you learned with others, and share your story with us as well. This blog was made for YOU! Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, March 21, 2020

What Every Person With Liver Disease (and without it) Should Know - if you get COVID-19 (Or want to never get infected)


OK I am apologizing up front that this post took me way "offroad," but I think this is important information I think EVERY PERSON who reads my blog, should see.

I originally started this post to share an article:

Patients with COVID-19 may face risk for liver injury 
(you can still find it further down the page, highlighted, and with links to the original article).

But I really want to talk to you guys about PREVENTING this disease from happening, AND, keeping it from taking you out, if you do get it (it's estimated that at least 50% of us will come down with it, at some point).  


I want to remind everyone that NOBODY should make the assumption that, if you get COVID-19, you will be able to count on being able to get assistance from a hospital. Of course it's not impossible, but if these authors are right in their estimations (and they would know, if anyone would), we need to be prepared to take care of ourselves.  Many people in Italy were left gasping for air, because the hospitals couldn't accommodate them, and there weren't enough ventilators to go around. 

I'm not saying you should not seek medical treatment. If you get COVID-19, or any other disease, of course you should definitely see a doctor. But in the event that there are no longer any respirators available... you should be prepared to take care of yourself at home.

I know you guys are probably sick of me talking about the water, but I honestly think it's the best thing any person in the country could possibly have at home, right now (NOT just someone with liver disease). I've spent the last few days composing a LONG email for everyone who's already gotten a water machine from me, to let them know all the different ways their machine could be extremely useful to them (most people already are aware, but the machine has so many functions, I want to make sure they understand all the different uses, because right now that thing is worth its weight in gold). 

In my email, I'm letting people know why I believe the water improves oxygen levels (my opinion, but my very strong opinion, and I am including data to back up my theory). It can also help with the inflammation that causes pulmonary fibrosis - which seems to be a huge problem (and cause of death) for elderly people who get this disease. And it makes a type of water that is known to kill pathogens, quickly, so in my opinion, this thing should be used in every building in the country.

If you're someone who's bought a machine from me, please know I will be sending you that email soon, and thanks again for your support!  For anyone else, I want to caution you guys that if you've been thinking of getting one, now would be the time to do it, because the company is cutting back on it's operations, and we've been worried we could get to a point where they're going to run out, because many countries are having to stop their imports (the company that made our PEMF machine just did this) so it could be just a matter of time before the water machine company follows suit. There are some still in stock here in the US but I would not wait to get one because so many people are buying them right now, I'm thinking there's a very good chance they could run out. 

I give a 100% money back guarantee on the units we sell, so please, people, don't wait. This is something that could be extremely helpful not just to you, but your whole family, your parents, and especially your grandparents, if you still have them. You can also share the water with every person in your neighborhood. If you fill out the contact form about the water, we can let you know why it's so useful right now. My friend who sold me the machine is back on board, helping me (she's dropped everything to help people during this pandemic).

In my opinion, everyone should read these articles!


Want the current COVID-19 number in U.S.? Multiply by 90


https://medium.com/@jasonwbae/want-the-current-covid-19-number-in-u-s-multiple-by-90-b2e8841ab778

The Sober Math Everyone Must Understand about the Pandemic


 https://medium.com/@Jason_Scott_Warner/the-sober-math-everyone-must-understand-about-the-pandemic-2b0145881993?fbclid=IwAR3qJQKBD17fNgylMpoU171Z03ReHXknnjAD_AVio_SO3jzLwBb4HgIw3I4



If the United States is a week behind Italy... brace yourself for horror that still seems impossible


 https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/13/1927153/-If-the-United-States-is-a-week-behind-Italy-brace-yourself-for-horror-that-still-seems-impossible?fbclid=IwAR1d9b2t1VpKX6fWZB5W6uBlj3DbRjhcuGlcszyE5azvUIMBmPgect268H4


If there's anything we can learn from Italy... we should learn it now!!

Why the Coronavirus Hit Italy So Hard

The country has the second-oldest population on earth, and its young mingle more often with elderly loved ones.

https://www.wired.com/story/why-the-coronavirus-hit-italy-so-hard/#intcid=recommendations_wired-right-rail-popular_79a28089-4c37-447c-b284-1d734fa2530f_popular4-1



OK so here is the article I ORIGINALLY wanted to post... just got a little sidetracked : ). In my opinion, the water could be a HUGE help for people with liver disease, who get COVID-19, and I can tell you why over the phone if you care to get in touch.


Patients with COVID-19 may face risk for liver injury





Patients with COVID-19 may be at risk for liver injury, but mechanisms of damage remain unclear, according to investigators.

Proposed mechanisms include direct virus-induced effects, immune-induced damage due to excessive inflammatory responses, and drug-induced injury, reported lead author Ling Xu of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, and colleagues.
“From a clinical perspective, in addition to actively dealing with the primary disease caused by coronavirus infection, attention should also be paid to monitor the occurrence of liver injury, and to the application of drugs which may induce liver damage,” the investigators wrote in Liver International. “Patients with liver damage are advised to be treated with drugs that could both protect liver functions and inhibit inflammatory responses, such as ammonium glycyrrhizinate, which may, in turn, accelerate the process of disease recovery.”
The review of liver injury associated with major pathogenic coronaviruses included severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), and the newly emergent SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID-19.
In cases of COVID-19, reported incidence of liver injury ranges from 15% to 53%, based on elevations of alanine transaminase (ALT) and aspartate aminotransferase (AST), along with slightly elevated bilirubin levels. In severe cases, albumin decreases have also been documented.
Liver injury appears to be significantly more common among those with severe infection. In one cohort of 82 patients who died from COVID-19, the incidence of liver injury was 78%, while another study of 36 nonsurvivors reported a rate of 58%.
According to the investigators, both bile duct epithelial cells and liver cells express angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), which is an entry receptor for SARS-CoV-2; however, expression of ACE2 in bile duct cells is “much higher” than in liver cells, and comparable with alveolar type 2 cells in the lungs.
“Bile duct epithelial cells are known to play important roles in liver regeneration and immune response,” the investigators noted.
Beyond direct- and immune-induced effects of COVID-19, postmortem findings suggest that drug-induced liver injury may also be a possibility, with a number of theoretical culprits, including antibiotics, steroids, and antivirals. Although the investigators emphasized that data are insufficient to pinpoint an exact agent, they highlighted a recent preprint study, which reported a significantly higher rate of lopinavir/ritonavir administration among patients with abnormal liver function, compared with those who had normal liver function (56.1% vs. 25%; P = .009).
“Drug-induced liver injury during the treatment of coronavirus infection should not be ignored and needs to be carefully investigated,” the investigators concluded.
Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities supported the work. The investigators reported no conflicts of interest.
SOURCE: Xu L et al. Liver Int. 2020 Mar 14. doi: 10.1111/liv.14435.
 
 
 
 

Sorry to sound like such a downer but I really think we should all be prepared to be able to treat ourselves at home if we NEED to. Of course, if you get COVID-19, you should seek immediate attention from a doctor, if you can get it. But given the fact that this disease is so contagious and nurses and doctors seem to be coming down with it easily, I do think it's good to have ways to treat ourselves if we don't have an option to go to a hospital. We are already short of respirators!

If you get in touch with me about the water,  I can share with you a page on my private blog about the water, all the reasons why I strongly believe it could be helpful to a person, if they get COVID-19. True I am not a doctor, but I've done a TON of research on this, and I'd be happy to show you what I've learned. If you're interested in seeing it, just fill out the contact form about the water, on the left side of the blog page.

Stay safe everyone. 

Ellie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment