Disclaimer

*Results may vary. The information in this site is NOT to be construed as medical advice. Cirrhosis of the liver is a serious condition and if you have it, you should see a doctor. I am not a doctor and am not able to dispense medical advice. My husband saw a doctor (many of them) and they were able to do things for him that I could not. However, they were unable to recommend alternative treatments, and in MY OPINION they were VERY beneficial to my husband, so I am providing some of that information here. My husband and I tried all of these alternative therapies at our own risk, and if you try them you will be doing the same. At your own risk. No promises are made in this blog. I am not saying there is a cure for cirrhosis or any other condition. However, I believe most people can get well, like my husband did. My husband is alive, happy, productive, functional and has his energy back. He no longer worries about having to go on disability or getting a $577,000 liver transplant. Cirrhosis is a serious condition. He is currently in the fibrosis stage (Stage 2 liver disease), which is still serious. I cannot guarantee you will have the same results. I just want you to know about what worked well for my husband. I hope you will share what you learned with others, and share your story with us as well. This blog was made for YOU! Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

DO NOT EAT OYSTERS if you have Cirrhosis!!!


My friend Stacey just told me about this.... because her boyfriend is suddenly dying from Sepsis... after eating oysters.

I'd never heard this one before, and she asked me to post it... since I saw this study, yes I definitely think it's worth posting.

Stacey's boyfriend was in the hospital and he was very sick. Stacey has such a big heart, she decided to get a water machine, and rent a professional grade PEMF machine for her boyfriend. He started getting better and better, and her doctor even said, "Whatever you're doing... keep doing it!"

Well, one day, Stacey and her boyfriend got in a fight and he flat out refused to drink the water OR sit on the PEMF mat anymore.   And he started getting worse - his health was slowly going back downhill.

And then one day, he decided to eat raw oysters.

Stacey researches diet and nutrition more than any person I've ever met. And apparently, oysters can be FATAL for a person with cirrhosis. It can give you sepsis.  She had seen this online, and she warned him of this, and he refused to listen.  And guess what... now he has sepsis and all his organs are shutting down.

I had to share this with you guys...  I'd never heard it myself till today. Please be aware.  You can read the full article here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15842598

Thank you Stacey, for letting me know about this!!!

Ellie


UPDATE:  Just a few hours later... I just found out this man JUST DIED from this (sepsis, caused by oysters). It is INFURIATING to me that this man's doctors failed to warn him about the dangers of oysters. His friend tried to warn him, but he brushed it off because he never heard it from his doctor. Almost everyone in the hospital ends up getting a routine consultation with a nutritionist, as did my husband, and they somehow failed to ever mention that Oysters can be FATAL for a person with cirrhosis. WOW. It would have been so simple for them to mention this one little thing, yet they never seem to get around to it... isn't that a kind of important detail??? Or do they just not know???

Stacey, I am so, so sorry that this happened. Nobody should ever go through what you (and your boyfriend) just had to. I hope other people will able to learn from this... thank you for sharing your story. I know this is really tragic but I'm hopeful there might be some good that comes out of this, if the story can help to save even just one other person from making the same mistake.


Haq SM1Dayal HH.


 2005 May;100(5):1195-9.
Chronic liver disease and consumption of raw oysters: a potentially lethal combination--a review of Vibrio vulnificus septicemia.

Abstract

Vibrio vulnificus septicemia is the most common cause of fatality related to seafood consumption in the United States. It occurs predominantly in patients with chronic liver disease following consumption of raw oysters. V. vulnificus is a highly virulent human pathogen, normally found in warm estuarine and marine environment. It lodges in filter feeders like oysters. The onset of this illness is abrupt, rapidly progressing to septic shock with a high mortality. Clinicians managing patients with chronic liver disease need to educate their patients of the risk associated with the consumption of raw seafood, especially oysters. A high index of suspicion is necessary for appropriate treatments, as doxycycline, the antibiotic of choice, is not usually a part of the empiric therapy for septicemia. The high mortality associated with this septicemia demands aggressive preventive measures: susceptible individuals must be forewarned by signs displayed in restaurants; physicians must educate patients with chronic liver disease about the risk of raw oyster consumption; and harvesting methods which reduce contamination by V. vulnificus must be utilized.
PMID:
 
15842598
 
DOI:
 
10.1111/j.1572-0241.2005.40814.x
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PubMed Commons home

PubMed Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment